Dove is a coalition of religious organizations, volunteers, and advocates that seeks to coordinate efforts to address unmet human needs and social injustices. Dove works for justice, equality, and understanding among all people.
- To develop and promote well-managed programs and services which effectively address societal problems and individual needs.
- To advocate for just and equitable treatment of persons and groups, individually and systemically.
- To recruit and involve volunteers in the work of Dove and other appropriate organizations.
- To minister to religious organizations and groups by offering opportunities for the witness of the principles of love and servanthood.
- To recruit volunteers and serve clients without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, ancestry, marital status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, sexual orientation or disability.
In furtherance of its Mission and Objectives, Dove ascribes to certain shared values. The following statement describes these shared values:
- Dove cares about people, especially those who are powerless and hurt. Even when suffering is so great that caring is all we can do, still we stand ready to share the burden and to suffer.
- We honor the dignity and worth of each individual. We encourage clients’ freedom to make responsible decisions, to determine their future based on informed options, thereby empowering themselves, becoming self-reliant and autonomous.
- In all our dealings–with each other, with clients, with volunteers, with other agencies, with churches and the community–we strive to follow the highest standards of ethics and morality. An abiding sense of integrity and justice must underlie all we do.